The Artistic Path-Wisely make use of your time

 These are turbulent times.
 There are those of us artists who are self-employed find your selves unemployed. 
What to do? 
First is that the best estimate is I will be out of work for 2-4 weeks.  This is the best time to catch up on all those things that have been hanging over my head, unfinished. 
So, make a list.
  1. Rewrite your artist statement- I have always felt really uncomfortable about writing an artist's statement. Yes, I have a couple of versions. Depending on the submission I have several versions. None of which I think are great. 



So, I read up on it and the big takeaways are, to 
  • WRITE YOUR STATEMENT IN LANGUAGE THAT ANYONE CAN UNDERSTAND, not just you, or your art friends but everyday people that appreciate art. 
  •  Write it in the first person in your voice. 
  • Avoid comparing yourself to other artists. be the best you you can be. 
So off I go to write....again. 

Comments

Most popular post I have written