Back to the Basics

While at the NIADA conference last week in Portland OR, I was in a 3 day class taught by the master EJ Taylor.  EJ was the artist that I saw on the cover of a doll magazine in 1997, that inspired me to attempt to make art dolls.  It took over 15 years to get to a place where I met him and have him critique on of my dolls. 


His medium is Paper clay painted in oils. I was so excited to learn  from him and watch him work.   The class was quite full with students of varying skill level.  (note; if the class says advanced don't sign up, you only slow down the process, and class room decorum should be observed.) We didn't get to the important part of the class until late. Painting. His technique is beautiful, simple and very effective.  So I left the class frustrated but inspired to keep trying.




Comments

Most popular post I have written