The Brooklyn Museum Show building a collectors base

The show last weekend was a great experience. http://www.americanfinecraftshowbrooklyn.com/ I felt humbled to be in the presence of so many talented artisan.
  I spent a lot of time explain what The craft of art dolls.  Most people that came to my booth were astonished I think because they had never seen this Craft at a fine Craft show.  Doll shows and regular craft shows but not at a show of this caliber.
  If we are to take Art dolls to the next level and build a collector base I encourage all Art doll artist to apply for juried shows.  You need to have a unique product and be truly good at the craft to get in but it expands the collectors base so more people will know what we do, and hopefully buy the pieces.
  The man that bought my piece "The protector of the unicorn", is not a doll collector, but the piece spoke to him and he had to have it.

Comments

Most popular post I have written