Why to always title to your work


Title: The Gold One

I am a firm believer in titling your work. For me, calling something "untitled" is a cop-out. It shows me that you don't know what it is, you don't have a firm connection for the work. Unless the word "untitled" meaning the opposite of titled is the title. Having no rights or claims.  or intitled or having no right or claim, as an adjective. The object, painting, or sculpture's subject is not titled. Not that the finished object has no title. I know it sounds like I am splitting hairs. 

Here is the real reason to title your piece. 
  • It is the brand of the finished work. 
  • It is how your collectors will identify the piece
  • It tells admires/collectors something about the piece that they may not see at 1st glance. 
  • In the world of online everything happens in a search engine. Unless there are descriptive words to search your work won't be found. 

Title: a question and the answer

Comments

Most popular post I have written