Paper clay 2 - Genesis oil paint

With my experiment into paper clay I have learned a few things.

Paper clay is slow:
    1. The drying process can only be rushed but so far.
    2. To get a smooth finish, wet smoothing and sanding takes time.
    3. It is easy to make mistakes, nicks, scratches.
Paper clay is very forgiving:
    1. Most mistakes are easily corrected by adding more clay, re-smoothing or re-sanding.
What I wondered about was why most paper clay artist sculpts had light complexations. Was it style or necessity?
My answer, it is hard to paint darker skin tones, and make them look realistic. This is NIADA artist Tatiana Baeva her website is www.baevadolls.com
Tatiana Baeva© Gloria
The artist I admire have found their techniques. I have to find mine.
  I started using Genesis heat set paint, so I could make changes without disturbing the under layers
After six months here is a good result.

Comments

Most popular post I have written