Re-examining your work Part 4


For this post I am going to re-examine all the steps.
This doll was made two years ago and I have learned quite a lot since than. I have studied, worked and even took a class. Refined my techniques and experimented. 


1. As usual I start with a sketch. What this does for me is give a road map. It takes the ideas out of my head and makes it concrete.

2. The face sculpt. I was working on getting the proportion correct but the eyes are not "set" into the head.  I mixed the basic skin tone.  Than painted with acrylics.





Since the pose was so important I wanted a strong armature. A brass rod as the main support. That was a good idea.




I am happy with the padding and covering of the torso.

I love the dying of the main fabric, it came out perfectly. 
 
 
 
The sun is made from translucent clay, painted, and glazed. there are Christmas lights inserted. Swarovski crystals. Magic sculpt is the texture on the box. 

Comments

Most popular post I have written