Making an Art Doll for a Challange or Re-examing the work PART 1

I created her for the NIADA conference two years ago as part of the theme challenge. Since the Conference was in Florida, the theme for the challenge dolls was walking on sunshine.
I wanted to enter the challenge, BUT since I am still finding my voice as an artist, the Art Doll  it still had to fit into the direction my dolls are going.   
I started by asking myself questions.  What does this theme mean to me? How does it fit into my work? What in New York is my inspiration?
These questions set the constrains for most of my work.  The constraints lead the direction of the piece and adds focus.


So I keep it to the sun.  Here in New York we have one of the best Planetariums. So as an homage to the Rose center she is walking on the sun.  



Comments

Most popular post I have written