The artistic craft: Selling your craft

"If it's flipping hamburgers at McDonald's, be the best hamburger flipper in the world. Whatever it is you do you have to master your craft. "..Snoop Dogg
 
 
At a recent show I was interviewed by several news stations, and the questions were all really similar. Since none had ever heard the term Art Doll or seen one, they all asked
"how long it takes to create one. "
 The answer I wanted to give ....my whole life.  With out all the experiences of a life there is no way I could create any of them.  The answer I gave was "It varies. Some a week and some take 6 months".  "The craft it takes for me to create a piece is very labor intensive and at any point something can go wrong."
The other question that they all asked was "what type of collectors do I have", answer all types.
It is now our responsibility as Artist to educate the public.   If we educate the general public,  people know that our niche exists. Then Art collectors will know we exist. Not just "doll collectors". 
 
So take time to educate someone not in the industry, apply for Art shows, not just craft shows. 
 
Push this art form to the next level.  It our responsibility!


 

Comments

Most popular post I have written